Communication, Relationship-Building, and Conflict and Resolution
Your ability to use interpersonal communication skills helps you get your message through to others. Your skills at building relationships and resolving conflicts are keys to success in your career. When you build solid relationships, you and your coworkers are better able to work together as a cohesive team. By learning successful conflict resolution skills, team members head off skirmishes that get in the way of innovation, creative thinking, and project completion. You're able to work together better as a team and get things done.
At the end of this interpersonal communication training, your team members should be able to:
- Identify the two communication models required for success
- Know how to use active listening techniques to enhance customer service
- Know how to communicate successfully with external customers, internal customers, and colleagues
- List the top 10 techniques for building and nurturing relationships
- Identify the top 10 conflict resolution techniques
Section #1: Inter-Personal Communication
Effective interpersonal communication enhances collaboration and creativity and heads off mistakes, missed deadlines, and unnecessary conflict. In this module, your team members will learn powerful techniques to enhance communication to ensure projects are completed on time with minimal mistakes.
In this section, you'll learn:
- How to identify the different needs for communication
- Five levels of listening
- Common barriers to good listening
- How culture can affect listening behavior
- How to Become a Better Listener
Section #2: Relationship Building
Good relationships are key to success in the modern workplace. As technology continues its advance into the workplace, effective human relationships make the difference between a successful organization and one that struggles. In this section, you'll learn powerful tools for building successful business relationships at work.
- Being aware of other people
- How to build relationships remotely
- Success factors for communicating with external customers, internal customers, and coworkers
- The danger of hiding behind tickets
- Top 10 Techniques for Building and Nurturing Relationships
Section #3: Conflict and Resolution
Conflict is a fact of life, especially in the workplace. The key is knowing how to successfully manage it. Without proper conflict management, productivity grinds to a halt, tempers flare, and projects fail.
At the end of this section, you should know:
- How different people handle conflict
- Options for dealing with conflict
- Keys to managing conflict
- How to use empathy as a conflict resolution tool
- Top 10 conflict resolution techniques
Unresolved conflict undermines relationships and careers. It can even affect your health. When you successfully manage conflict, everyone benefits.
For more than 40 years, Don Crawley has worked with technology, from broadcasting to automation systems to data networks. A former IT trainer and consultant, he is an award-winning IT customer service speaker and the author of eight books for IT professionals including The Compassionate Geek. He’s especially good at helping IT teams work together so they can get things done.
Call 206-988-5858 or use this form to request more info: