Conflict and Resolution
How IT Pros Can Manage Conflict in the Workplace
Conflict is a fact of life, especially in the workplace. The key is knowing how to successfully manage it. Without proper conflict management, productivity grinds to a halt, tempers flare, and projects fail. When team members know how to manage conflict successfully, they can use conflict to craft creative solutions to workplace problems, introduce innovative new ideas into the workplace, and build long-lasting productive relationships.
Conflict in the workplace is unavoidable; what matters is how you handle it. Often, the real causes of conflict are not obvious. Conflict is not necessarily bad, in fact it can be productive in finding new and innovative solutions.
In this fast-paced, interactive 45-60 minute breakout session, you will learn how to:
- Identify four toxic ways of handling conflict
- Options for dealing with conflict
- Your natural tendency for dealing with conflict
- Five considerations for conflict resolutions
- 10 conflict resolution techniques