Let's face it. Sometimes, we have to deal with a customer who's just really difficult. Perhaps they're demanding, complaining, or tyrannical. Maybe they act inappropriately or they're dishonest. Regardless, they're just difficult and yet, they're a paying customer. In this session, you'll learn valuable techniques for dealing effectively with a challenging customer.
How to Deal with Difficult End Users and Other Customers
Customers come in all types. Unfortunately, some are difficult to deal with. Your willingness to deal with difficult customers can give you a tremendous edge over your competitors.
In this fast-paced breakout session, you'll learn how to:
- Deal with the customer who's always complaining and never satisfied
- Deal with a customer who is dishonest
- Work with a customer who is verbally abusive or threatening
- You'll also learn when it's appropriate to terminate the relationship and how to do so respectfully
- Five critical success factors to help manage difficult customers positively
Don Crawley, Author of The Compassionate Geek
For more than 40 years, Don Crawley has worked with technology, from broadcasting to automation systems to data networks. A former IT trainer and consultant, he is an award-winning conference keynote speaker and the author of eight books for IT professionals including The Compassionate Geek. He’s especially good at helping IT teams work together so they can get things done for customers and your team.