How to Be a Compassionate Geek
Customer Service Secrets of Successful IT Pros
Organizations and individuals are now realizing that successful customer relationships make for successful businesses and careers. Organizations that care deeply about their people and their culture, in addition to their financial performance, are no longer satisfied with merely “Checking the Box” to deliver basic training. Instead, they are transforming their organizational culture by changing hearts and minds with a focus on compassion, caring, empathy, and respect.
- The 5 principles of IT customer service success
- How the Competence/Charisma Model positively affects your career
- Why compassion and empathy are critical success factors
- How the respect factor turns relationships around
- Why you can change the world as a geek
Don Crawley, Author of The Compassionate Geek
For more than 40 years, Don Crawley has worked with technology, from broadcasting to automation systems to data networks. A former IT trainer and consultant, he is an award-winning IT customer service speaker and the author of eight books for IT professionals including The Compassionate Geek. He’s especially good at helping IT teams work together so they can get things done for customers and your team.