Getting Your Message Across: Presentation Skills in a Virtual World
Public Speaking Training for IT Pros
Presentation skills have always been crucial to your career success; they’re even more so in a virtual world of Zoom, WebEx, GoTo, and Teams. No matter how good your ideas are, you still have to persuade others of their value. Learn to present well and people will pay attention to you, whether in a virtual or in-person setting.
In this fast-moving presentation, you will learn:
- The basics of good presentations in virtual and in-person settings
- How to avoid common PowerPoint pitfalls that make audiences zone out
- How to construct stories that persuade
- What’s different about presenting in the virtual environment
- The difference between information and communication
Don R. Crawley, Author of The Compassionate Geek
For more than 40 years, Don Crawley has worked with technology, from broadcasting to automation systems to data networks. A former IT trainer and consultant, he is an award-winning IT customer service speaker and the author of eight books for IT professionals including The Compassionate Geek. He’s especially good at helping IT teams work together so they can get things done for customers and your team.